1. What is the difference between subscribing to The Epoch Times via the iPhone app versus subscribing via The Epoch Times website?
If you subscribed to The Epoch Times using the iPhone app, then your subscription, including payments, is entirely managed by the App Store. If you subscribed to The Epoch Times through the website, then The Epoch Times manages your subscription.
2. I already have a subscription, do I have to subscribe again using the app?
No, you do not need to subscribe again. Having a print or digital-only subscription allows you to log into the iPhone app by using the same login information associated with your print or digital subscription. Just click on "Log In" at the bottom where it says “Already have a print/ digital subscription? Log In.”
Note: all print subscribers receive a complimentary digital account. However if you did not provide an email when you subscribed, you will have to call customer service to set up your digital account.
3. How do I cancel my app subscription on my iPhone?
Subscriptions on your iPhone are managed by the App Store. Please refer to this article on Apple’s website for how to unsubscribe.
4. Can I sign up for the print edition of the newspaper through the iPhone app??
Unfortunately, the app subscription is digital-only and does not include the print version. However, app subscriptions do include unlimited access to all content on TheEpochTimes.com website, from any web browser, by logging in with your app username and password.
5. Can I upgrade from the app subscription to print subscription so I can get print copies mailed to my home ?
Yes! Please reach out to our customer service representatives at 1-917-905-2080. You may also submit a request online HERE, Please provide us with your email, phone number, and the best time to call you. You will also need to attach a screenshot of the receipt from your App Store subscription.
6. Why can't I access my account information when I log into the iPhone app?
The iPhone app will only display your account information if you have subscribed through the App Store. If you subscribed through The Epoch Times, please log into TheEpochTimes.com to manage your subscription account through the Customer Self Service Portal.
Related Article : How Do I Access the Customer Self Service Portal?
7. I have a print/digital subscription through The Epoch Times but I haven't yet activated my digital account at TheEpochTimes.com. How do I create a digital account through the iPhone app?
a. Open the app
b. Click on the "Account" Icon in the lower right corner
c. Click on "Create an Account"
d. Fill in the form with the following:
- First Name
- Last Name - must be alphanumeric ( e.g. Smith01)
- Email (it can be your Apple ID email or any other one)
- Password - MUST HAVE an upper case letter, a lower case letter, a number and a special character (@ # * & ! )
8. If I cancel my app subscription, how can I get a refund?
Subscriptions through the App Store are only managed by the App Store. Please refer to this page to request a refund.
9. If I subscribed through the App Store, how do I change my email, display name, or password?
- You cannot change the email address associated with your app account. You must cancel your current app subscription and subscribe again using a new email address.
- Display names can be changed through the "Customer Self Service Portal" on TheEpochTimes.com website.
- Passwords can be changed through the app or the "Customer Self Service Portal" on TheEpochTimes.com website.
10. I subscribed through the App Store, how do I find my renewal date?
App subscriptions are managed by the App Store. Please refer to this webpage.
11. Can I share my app subscription with my family?
Yes! You can share your subscription with family in the same household. Furthermore, your login can be used on multiple devices simultaneously.
12. What if I have other billing-related questions?
13. How do I change my payment method?
14. How do I view my purchase history?